Updated – 1st June 2020:
All Senior and Junior training sessions remain cancelled until further notice.
No competitive athletics events to take place in England until at least 30th June.
We are currently waiting for information from England Athletics regarding how and when we can return to training safely and in line with Government instructions.
Senior Members – If you’re self isolating and require assistance please feel free to use our social media channels to request assistance from your fellow members.
Junior Parents – please pay attention to communications from the Junior Secretary.
Southern Athletics League: Season is cancelled as the first three of the five fixtures are cancelled. If the last two fixtures go ahead, they will go ahead as friendly fixtures, with venues TBA. There will be no promotion/demotion this season.
Surrey Road League: Richmond Half Marathon, Sutton 10K, Dorking Tens, Richmond 10K, Elmore 7 and Elmbridge 10K are cancelled. Wimbledon 5K sign up is suspended, but has not yet been cancelled.
Social Distancing advice whilst running
We would like to advise our members to try to do as follows, whilst out running:
- From 1st June groups of up to six people, from up to two households, can exercise together provided social distancing is maintained
- Keep two metres away from other people
- Avoid narrow paths/routes including Canal Towpaths
- Only overtake people if you can maintain a 2 metre distance, or slow down until there is sufficient space
- Pedestrians have priority (just like parkrun)
For further information please read: